Executive Assistant to the COO
The Executive Assistant to the COO engages in organizational projects, performs administrative tasks and provides support for the day-to-day needs of the Chief Operations Officer, whose responsibility it is to provide the best possible experience to all people at Omega by ensuring the smooth operations of the organization so it can fulfill its mission. Responsibilities include administrative tasks and independent projects related to the organization at large, the staff, and the program participant experience on campus. Tasks are varied and require high-level, professional results.
Core Staff benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B plan, holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days. In addition, core staff enjoy use of campus property (lake/beach, tennis & basketball courts, the hiking trails and the sanctuary), can attend all optional classes that are offered to program participants as well as select over 1,500 specially designed classes that are offered only to the staff community. Core staff receive a complimentary catalog workshop as well as discounts on other catalog workshops, discounts in the Café, Omega Store, and Wellness Center. When campus is open, we are happy to extend complimentary lunch in the dining hall to staff when they are at work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- Ability to self-organize, maintain focus, and follow-through independently
- Ability to project a professional image in action and appearance
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Outstanding computer skills, including a thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Prezi
- Ability to learn quickly and to absorb new processes, business changes, and software applications
- Ability to handle the demands of various personality types
- The flexibility to exist in a position where the surrounding activities and environment are fast-paced, highly dynamic and seasonally demanding
- Understanding of the content of Omega’s workshops
- Awareness of trends and development in the Holistic Education field
- In alignment with Omega’s mission, goals and core values
The ideal individual will embody the following:
- Views work as a learning process toward personal growth
- Embraces the concept of a “learning community”
- Motivated to be in service to Omega’s mission
- Anticipates the needs of others and derives satisfaction from providing support
- High level of integrity; projects credibility
- Motivated and displays a great deal of personal initiative in fulfilling assigned tasks
- Capable of operations and systems-oriented thinking
- High level of energy with positive, can-do attitude
- Low-drama, personal equanimity and good sense of humor
- College degree
- Training in computer software programs and group presentation programs
- Two years of experience working with/supporting high level executive functions
- Experience planning and executing events
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide complete administrative and personal support to the COO.
- Anticipate the COO’s needs and be proactive in addressing them. Tasks include but are not limited to maintaining calendars and email information, coordinating travel arrangements, coordinating on- and off-site meetings and events, preparing key reports and updates and providing support on other projects as necessary.
- Prepare important PowerPoint and Prezi presentations; provide support at all COO presentations.
- Prepare key Excel reports and updates that communicate departmental milestones and operational goals.
- Independently organize and review calendars, emails, files, other miscellaneous information and requests.
- Welcome and host campus visitors.
- Handle confidential information with the utmost trust, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Review incoming mail, determine urgency and refer to appropriate individual or department for handling.
- Support office systems, including independently maintaining office meeting space and overseeing bookings, managing mailbox assignments, ordering office supplies.
- Understand and anticipate customer service needs and deliver high quality results.
- Multitasking and managing changing priorities and frequent interruptions with a high level of accuracy.
- Compose, proofread and edit correspondence, materials and reports.
- Create and maintain informational and communication tools.
- Communicate efficiently with all staff, including Officers and Board members.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by COO.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
- Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is needed. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper or similar item, which weighs approximately 20 pounds.
- This is a full-time position.
- The days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. These times may fluctuate when special needs arise.
After carefully reviewing the requirements below, qualified individuals are invited to apply. A resume and well-crafted cover letter should be attached that serves as an introduction and includes following:
- Why are you applying for this role?
- What can you offer Omega?
- What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
- How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some other way?
- In what way has your professional life reflected Omega's mission statement?
- In what way has Omega’s core values resonated within your work and personal life?
- Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
- What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
- How did you find out about this position?
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in completing this application to the extent required by applicable law. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Omega, such as providing an application with larger font for applicants with impaired vision. Please inform Omega’s People & Culture Department if you need assistance completing any forms or participating in the application process at email@example.com.
Omega Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek diversity within our staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.